Re: Rattling...

From: bsung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 13:10:03 EST

If anyone figures it out let me know. My 3.9 just started doing the same
thing. Truck is quiet under idle but when the engine is straining, like
coming up hill, sounds like chhhzzztttatata is the only way I can think to
describe it. If I let go of the gas at that point it goes away. Speed
doesn't seem to make a difference or gear. I do notice it is a lot worse
going up hill as opposed to just flooring it on the straight away. Seems
like the more load the engine is under the louder it gets. Mines a standard
so have no idea how I'm gonna find it short of strapping myself to the
engine with the hood open while someone else drives up the hill.

TIA Branning
http://brannings.tripod.com