Re: Rattling...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 21:39:22 EST

Hey Branning!

<snip> If anyone figures it out let me know. My 3.9 just started doing the
same
> thing. Truck is quiet under idle but when the engine is straining, like
> coming up hill, sounds like chhhzzztttatata is the only way I can think to
> describe it. If I let go of the gas at that point it goes away. Speed
> doesn't seem to make a difference or gear. I do notice it is a lot worse
> going up hill as opposed to just flooring it on the straight away. Seems
> like the more load the engine is under the louder it gets<snip>

Does anyone else on the list hear a PING!?!?!?!
Sure sounds a whole lot like the DASKY did til I switched to 89 Octane. The
"rattle" went away as soon as the 89 hit the TB...
Try it. Just might work...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(BT-DT)