Re: Posting Problems

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 19:21:56 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> There actually is one that I know of - Lotus Notes. Man do I hate
> that program! I am forced to use it for some stuff I have to do at the
> local college here. When you reply, it top posts, and the only way to
> bottom post is to try to copy the entire post, preferably without all
> the graphical header and such, then paste it into a new message, try
> to indent it somehow, etc. As easy as copy and paste sounds, it
> actually isn't in this program - really hard to select just the message.
>
> I pity anyone who has to read their DML mail with that program!
> They'd probably be better off just gettting a free yahoo mail account
> and reading it via the web!

And you probably don't even know the half of it, Jon. We use Lotus
Notes at work for everything and it does indeed suck at times. Even if
we did switch to something that didn't force bottom-posting, convincing
people to not top-post would be impossible in a world where most of the
users call anything on the web "my internet" or "internet explorer" and
don't even know there's something else to browse the web with.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness --------------------------------------------