Re: Posting Problems

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 09:27:02 EST

> And you probably don't even know the half of it, Jon. We use Lotus
> Notes at work for everything and it does indeed suck at times. Even if
> we did switch to something that didn't force bottom-posting, convincing
> people to not top-post would be impossible in a world where most of the
> users call anything on the web "my internet" or "internet explorer" and
> don't even know there's something else to browse the web with.

Look! I bottom posted! Good Times!

Andy,
Being in the IT field and having to deal with people on a daily basis, I've
just about heard it all. People don't know what the start bar is, they
don't know what "at the top left corner of your screen there should be....."
means, and they defilately don't understand the whole concept that IE is a
web browser and that other people can see the same stuff as them on the web.
People can't seem to click with the righthand mouse button and don't have
the slightest clue as to why there's a wheel in there too. The list goes
on, sometimes I just want to tell these people to smash themselves in the
head with the phone and then try to express a coherent thought to me. I'm
sure others of the DML that have to give phone/IRL tech support know what
I'm talking about and feel my pain. Well, that's about all that I would
imagine you all can tolerate so I'll just stop ranting now.

--
Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L