Gen2 Front CV Shaft Replacement

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 23:50:41 EST

Anyone ever pull out and replace the front CV driveshaft on a Gen 2 4x4?
I've ignored my punctured Inner CV boot and it's now making yucky noises.
Acording to the FSM it should be fairly easy, and the only thing I really
need to do is pull off the wheel, a cotter pin and nut on the outside, and 6
bolts on the other. Is it really this easy, or will there be a bunch of
other stuff that needs to be pulled to really get it off and back in? Glad
it should warm up to the 20's this weekend.

David Henry
94' CC Sport 4x4; V8, 5sd, Lifted BFG 33" MT; Plow