Re: Gen2 Front CV Shaft Replacement

From: Bill Day (bill@daysdomain.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 11:00:22 EST

now, I have a little deal with my dealer.. they let me in the shop and I get
to help, to lower my costs.. not all dealers will do this but I hangout
with most of the guys there so I get away with it.

when we pulled the engine in my '95, we also pulled the axle which meant
undoing the cv's fromt he axle. This was not as tough as one might
imagine.. but alittle difficult. Undo the axle side first, lower it down
from axles and then undo the wheel hub castle bolts pins etc and pull it out
from the opposite side.

if you perfrom this any other way, figure on having your truck aligned, i.e.
disconenction of tie rods, control arms etc..

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  9:10am up 12 days, 14:45, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://sxs.daysdomain.com/