Re: books/info about solid axle suspensions?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 13:37:00 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Heh heh heh! I can see it now... Jason comes down for the BBQ, its
> a beautiful night with a full moon and everyone is sound asleep. Suddenly,
> the crickets stop chirping.
> Moments later, the shop's overhead door groans and starts to open. As
> it does, a shaft of light stabs through the night, becoming larger and
> larger as the opening yawns wider, finally illuminating the entire Dak.
> The truck makes a creaking sound, and starts to roll towards the open
> doorway. The tires lock up, but still the truck moves. Inch by inch it
> slides, being drawn into the shop by some unseen force. All four super
> swampers are locked solid, but there is just not enough traction on the
> stone drive. How is this even possible?? The truck skids across the
> concrete pad now and enters the shop, a streak of rubber and a howl of
> protest trailing out behind each tire as the door eases down behind the
> Dak, enveloping it completely like some sort of horrific aluminum amoeba.
> The sliver of light gets smaller and smaller then finally winks out as
> the door seals shut.

Crime in Italy!!! Edger Allen Poe has possessed our fearless leader!!!!
  Someone grab a pentastar hood orniment! We have to perform an
excorsicim!!!

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/