Re: How to put new rowders and break pads on my weels.

From: Sam Hotmail (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 10:44:23 EST

> From: steve preston <steves287dak@yahoo.com>
> Subject: DML: How to put new rowders and break pads on my weels.

> Seriously,though,I have a question. What do you need
> (tool-wise) to get the calipers dislodged on a 2001
> 4x4 Dak? >
Steve,

I am not sure if they are the same however on my '00 Dak you need a Allen
wrench to take off the top and lower bolts holding on the caliper. I am not
sure as to the exact size I can look it up for you. There is an anti rattle
plate I believe is what it is that holds the pads in a handy screw driver
takes care of that. You may need to use a small crowbar to remove the
caliper from the rotor, wedge between edge of rotor and caliper and pull
away from rotor, sometimes necessary sometime not.

Reinstallations is fairly easy. You will need a caliper compressor I bought
mine at Wal-mart many years ago haven't seen one since? A large C clamp
works just the same. Just turn the old shoe backward, the pad material
towards the caliper piston and compress the piston until it is flat with the
caliper body. Also you will need to loosen your reservoir cap to do this.
Not to worry you will not get air in your system using this method. Using a
soft hammer to re-install the anti rattle spring and slide the caliper on
tighten the bolts back down and you are ready to move to the back. Sorry no
help for you there haven't done mine yet.

Good luck hope this helps out

Sam P.