RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: How to put new rowders and break pads on my weels.

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 10:49:26 EST

Good idea Josh. I am not ASE, but one thing I do is open the bleeder valve
on the caliper slightly, put a small hose on it, and then drain it into a
jar as I push the piston back in. That prevents the worn fluid from being
forced back into the master cylinder. Once the piston is back in, I go
ahead and bleed new fluid through the lines at that point. With the bleeder
slightly cracked open, it makes the piston easier to push back in too.
Rascal