looking for CHEAP 2.5L

From: Tony Troidl (ttroidl@bluefrognet.net)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 11:00:45 EST

 the 2.5L in my '97 went BOOM yesterday with 210K on it.... started ticking
like a collapsed lifter then BOOM! too damn cold out to really look but it
appears something came out the oil pan as oil is everywhere!

dunno if it's salvagable or not but with this many miles I'm not too excited
about putting more $ in it...

I have so far only found 1 in a wrecking yard, out of a '97 Dak that was
totaled, it has some damage to the pad where the motor mount bolds on the
drivers side, chipped out 2 holes in the accident, but the block is fine,
only had 68K on it so...
 I'm looking into getting that welded and drop that in...

other than that, does anyone know if a 2.5 out of a Jeep would bolt in? are
there any diferances other than the magnum Valve cover?

I'm sure there are alot more Jeps around with that engine...

had this happened in the summer I would be looking for a 3.9L and tranny,
however I do not have the luxery of time and really have next to no money to
spend on it rite now....

Tony.