RE: AAR Fiberglass, Poor Customer Services

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 13:26:02 EST

Bill,

Actually, I made the model for him last March. At the time, he thought he
could get it done in a couple months. Then demand for some of his new hoods
and fenders really took off and the pods moved to the back burner. The
hoods, fenders and bumpers (for all sorts of Mopars) are his core business
and he feels he needs to support that more than tackle a product that will
have comparatively limited appeal.

> He would not even return my call. <snip> I do no think it is unreasonable
to expect to talk to him
> personally, one time, over the course of a month.
<snip>
> Moreover, he doesn't have the time to talk to me personally. It
> really pisses
> me off that the guy can't find a minute to speak to me
> personally, especially
> when I'm already a past customer. > Bill White

Don't feel too bad, and don't take it personally. Alan sponsors my racing
and is a personal friend, yet I have tried to reach him since last November
and only recently received a call back (at 10pm from his shop!). I am not
going to defend his behavior but I can give you some insight into why he's
too busy to talk with us. We are not the only people who want to talk with
him. He said if he took every call he would get no work done.

He's been working 12-14 hour days, trying to keep up with demand for his
products and prepare his new building for occupancy. He has purchased land
and had a building constructed to his specs. He hopes to be in it next
month but in the interim is working out of a very small rented space. He
recently had to move from another leased facility because it was falling
apart. It is no small feat to move all his equipment, molds and products
and he will have to do it again shortly.

In conclusion, I don't like not being able to talk with Alan when I want to,
but I do understand where he's coming from. He does make a quality product
and once he's settled into the new facility he may become more accessible.
Just remember, while he's pissing off you and me, he's pleasing all the
people to whom he's shipping products.

RayB