Re: Get an electric fan

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 13:44:36 EST

Don't have a write up per-se, but the wiring isn't any different that any
other electric fan if you are willing to live with a 1 speed instead of a 2
speed fan (that's the way I'm currently setup).

You need a fan, 10 ga wire, wire ends/splices etc, a switch for inside the
cab (5 amp), a 40 amp relay, a 50 amp circuit breaker or fuse, a temp sensor
from a fan kit.

I have a basic wiring schematic I can forward to whoever needs.

I got my fan at a swap meet for $20, the relay and circuit breaker were
about $20-25 together, I had the switch and temp sensor already. I think
the fan in the MP catalog is in the 100-150 range, but could be wrong.

TonyC