Re: RE: Cowl Hoods?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:37:39 EST

""RayB"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:DHELJEKAGJCDGEGBEHHJEEHGCKAA.bpracing@worldnet.att.net...

> [...]
He
> > sent me an image of the hood laying on the ground by itself...I
> > was curious
> > as to what the finished product looked like on a Dak. Also, for
> > all of you
> > that have purchased an AAR product, how's the quality/fit? I've
> > heard that
> > they're one of the best.
> > -Josh
>
> First of all, the one service experience you read about recently had
nothing
> to do with the quality of their hoods. It was a matter of the owner not
> having time to listen to a promotion for a new product when he had already
> said he wasn't going to make it any time soon.
>
> I've had 2 different style AAR hoods on my '92 and they fit perfectly.
> Perhaps some minor shimming required but no body work. All they need is
> normal paint prep. According to all the guys I race with who have had
other
> brands of hoods, they believe the AAR hoods, bumpers and fenders they've
> bought are the best quality they've ever seen.
>
> I don't think you would be disappointed.
>
> RayB
> http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html

Thanks for the info Ray, I really appreciate it. From what I'd already
heard and the few comments that I've gotten over email, I believe that AAR
does make a superior fiberglass product and have been seriously considering
purchasing a hood from them. I've seen some of the cuda hoods on trucks
around here and even called my body shop to ask if they had worked with the
products...and every person that I asked about the quality and fit of the ho
ods had nothing but good things to say. At this point the only thing that's
holding me back from picking up the phone is that I haven't been able to see
the finished product on a truck yet, and I think I'll wait until their
building move is over to prevent hassles. Most people have that cowl hood
with the scoop in it, or the reflexxion steel one, so if anyone has the AAR
glass cowl hood (#1017) on their truck can you please send me a picture?
Thanks!!

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L