ticket for tint

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 00:02:11 EST

ok, I was pulled over for my window tint today. 35% on side and 5% on rear,
legal is 50% on sides and 35% on rear. Ok the story is that I was pulled
over during the summer, by the state highway (Ohio->known for being the
worst). The guy was great, he said his main concern is that he can see
me...he said he had no problem, even on a dark rainy day.

I know it's illegal BUT you can see in my truck with no problem. the cop
originally polled me over for bogus things and then ripped me about my
banner at the top of my windshield (1/4" too low on the windshield),
Carlisle decals on the front windshield, the tinted license plate covered
with snow...AND NEVER MENTIONED MY CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS!!!! he let me off of
all but the tint. guess what!!!! it's the 28th and they needed there
quota! They had four cops sitting on this road pulling lots of people over!

he said my tint was at 31% with a laser lab TM-100. I can't find this
company or model online. Can anyone find any info for me on this...I'm
trying to find out it's accuracy level, that and it took him 5 minutes for
the POS to work...I never even saw the reading, wonder if he was lying...

any help would be great!

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com