Re: Re: Re: Re: GEN II ground force 2-3" Lowering Kit

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 15:58:34 EST

Gregg-
I was planning on getting the bilsteins to go with it, but the kit itself is
expensive enough (about 1K with the swaybars) and i was looking for a cheap
temporary solution to get me by until I could afford to pick up the
bilsteins. I was thinking about leaving the stock shocks on there for a
little while, but I don't want to push my luck when driving up to the BBQ in
NY with way overcompressed stock shocks.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Gregg"" <GTOmo@onlineracin.com> wrote in message news:b1c32d$877$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Josh, > I did not have any problems with the coil springs, I think that the ride > might be a bit better with lowered spindles as compared to lowered springs. > It rides okay on smooth roads, lol, but there are a lot of brick streets in > Winter Park, and they are kinda bumpy. Plus, I have 50 series 17 inch > tires, so that doesn't help much either. I haven't had any problems with > the Summit Shocks, if you are going to spend the money on the hotchkis kit, > I would get the bilstein shocks that are designed for the setup. Just my > opinion. > > Gregg > > ""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message > news:b1bnj2$851$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > Did you encounter problems using the springs instead of spindles? I'm > > planning on doing the hotchkis drop this march/april and they use springs. > > I'm not even sure if they make spindles for the gen III daks yet. Oh, and > > how do the summit shocks work for you? nice ride? > > > > -- > > -Josh > > 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > > > > ""Gregg"" <GTOmo@onlineracin.com> wrote in message > > news:b1bm6v$d61$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > > > Joe, > > > > > > I would stay clear of blocks if at all possible. They are cheaper than > > > other options, but you get what you pay for. I have not used the ground > > > force kit, but I have a 2/3 drop on my 92 CC and I use Eibach front > coils, > > > western chassis shackle/hanger kit and summit shocks. When I first did > my > > > drop, I used blocks, never again, the shackle/hangers are much better. > I > > > previously had doetsch tech shocks, which I think the summits are > doetsch > > > tech, just a couple bucks cheaper and no stickers. The only think that > I > > > would change if I did it over again, would to be use lowered spindles, > > > instead of coils, but not a big deal really. I purchased everything > > through > > > sport truck direct out of Texas, not sure of thier website, but they > have > > > one. > > > > > > Not sure if that helps or not, just my experience, only problem I see is > > the > > > blocks. > > > > > > Gregg > > > 92 CC V6 > > > > > >