Mounting for bumper

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 20:10:57 EST

Ok, I need some info on measurements here to see if the replacement bumper
is off, or my frame is off (replacement bumper does not line up
correctly)... note, this is not a bumper from dealership, but aftermarket
OEM replacement (are you allowed to say that?? hehe)

The point on the FRAME that the mounting brackets are located, measuring
from furthest inside point on each side is 34" apart (inside of frame on
left side to inside of frame on right side).
Now, the mounting bracket that is mounted on the frame, measuring from
inside bolt hole to inside bolt hole is 31"

Mounting bracket on old bumper: from middle of inside hole on one side to
middle of other inside hole is 31.5". On the replacement bumper, it's
30.5".

If anyone can take some measurements for me, or maybe point me to where in
the FSM I could find these measurements, I would greatly appreciate it. The
only info I could find in the FSM was going to middle of frame on left to
middle of frame on right was 982 sometime.. centimeters maybe???