Re: Re: Gen III Roll Bars??

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 16:51:29 EST

I gave the guy a call and he told me that the kit would fit any year Dak,
that the generation gap didn't really matter b/c the interior sizes were
very close to the same, which struck me as sort of odd...

I just wanted to get some opinions on it and see of some of the guys that
runl the insane 1/4 mile times had or had heard of them. I see the benefits
of welding it up myself, that way if it's too tall or something I can just
cut it to fit and I can paint it to match my interior as well.

As for applications I'm not sure which is funnier, the one for the Pinto or
the Geo Storm. I think it's actually kind of scary that there was enough
demand for them to go ahead and set up a rollcage/rollbar for those

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jeff Durling"" <jdurling@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:000201c2d3a1$58c38840$0b3d8c87@jeff... > > It doesn't say what year(s) dak that it's made for. As long as you can > get it for your I don't see what the problem is. I would think it would > be far better to have to weld it yourself than to have it come that way. > BTW, love some of the applications that they have like the Chevy > Celebrity. Caught it while scrolling down and thought it was kind of > funny. > > Jeff Durling > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Josh > Battles > Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 3:21 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: DML: Re: Gen III Roll Bars?? > > > I found this site on the web, all their stuff is unpainted and you have > to > weld it up... $200 shipped to chicago area. Any suggestions? > http://www.swracecars.com/roll%20bars%26cages.html > > -- > -Josh > 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > ""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message > news:b2gtt8$pf$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > Hey, has anyone installed a roll bar inside their Gen III dak? I was > > thinking of getting one to mount some 5 points to after I lower it so > that > I > > stay in the seat while autocrossing. If there's nothing available, > anyone > > have any ideas on how to mount a 5 point harness on the driver seat of > my > CC > > dak? > > > > Thanks in advance!!! > > > > -- > > -Josh > > 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > > > > > >