RE: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re:Definitions,Was tires

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 18:52:46 EST

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of Richard A Pyburn
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:56 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re:Definitions,Was tires

<Ever see anyone do it with a coke bottle half full of water and a string?>

Richard,
No, I haven't seen that trick. LOL. It sounds pretty ingenious and must have
been developed by someone with way too much time on their hands.

The nearest thing that I am aware of is an On-the-Car balancer for wheels
that aren't driven.
I.E. front wheels on a rear drive car or rear wheels on a front drive car.
It was all electronic and allowed balancing of the tire, wheel, and brake
drum or disk. The equipment was pretty expensive and it didn't work for
axles that have drive shafts or differentials on them, which excludes
all-wheel-drive vehicles. It never really caught on and a lot of places that
tried them sent them back and indicated that they weren't worth the trouble
or expense.

Regarding my earlier post. It really didn't start out as a rant; it just
sort of ended up there.
When my wife shouts that she is at the other end of the house and she can
still hear me typing, it's a bad sign.