RE: RE: Oil sources OT (sort of)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 15:49:55 EST

Actually, Will you make a very good political point. Think about it this
way. If for some reason we were able to quit buying oil form around the
world and it affected there economies greatly how would the countries
that have made an extreme amount of welth handle it. Yes, we buy are oil
from many different places but the middle east would probably be the
biggest worry. They may just handle it but how would you act if you were
very used to making a lot of money form controlling a powerful energy
source and all of the sudden because of some new technology your product
is almost worthless and you won't have that income no more. That is what
could be really scary.

Jeff Durling

I am sure we have the ability and the know how to make
a sythetic fuel here in the USA. However, the oil
companies have very deep pockets and the sad part is
when it comes to our politicians, money speaks very
very loudly. I have often times wondered about this
myself. There is also the problem of "diplomatic
relations." You think some countries hate us now,
just wait till we tell them "Sorry, we won't buy any
more oil from you. I know, I know, our business is
really what keeps your economy going. But we are sure
you will some how manage." Another thing to think
about, if sythetic fuels followed the same pricing as
sythetic oil, we would be paying over $6 per gallon of
fuel. I don't see that going over too well in the
view of the people.

The other Will