Was:RE: Roll pan Now: GenII ram air hood

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:54:59 EST

Jeff wrote:
>Keystone has been selling the hood for the Gen II daks for a
while now.
The problem is that you couldn't make it functional. They never
offered
or intended to offer the parts to make it functional. Not much
of a
problem and I know it's not really going to be the greatest
ram-air
effect but it guaranteed that it was drawing in outside air and
had that
coolness factor.

Hey Jeff,
I've never seen anyone hook up the Keystone (Super Bee stle) hood for ram
air. Repop stuff might work, (like from Year One or the Paddock)but is sure
is expensive!

I've been jonesin' for the AAR (R/T Challenger style) for my Dak since I
bought it. Mark Kuzia put on an AAR on his Dak when he repainted it, and
had the rear opened up to grab some cowl air. The raised section on that
particular hood is about 1 1/2 inches at the cowl. Now that TonyC has done
some work fabbing up a cowl fed air box for his Dak, I plan on doing the
same thing once I buy the AAR hood. Plus, having the front vents opened up
to let cool air in/hot air out of the engine bay can't be a bad thing
either! I'd really like to paint the hood with the '70 Challenger R/T black
out, but damn it gets hot here in Florida!

Keep us posted if you go with the Keystone errr... Proglass hood. I'd be
interested to see how you hook it up.

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport 5.2 Auto