Was:RE: Roll pan Now: GenII ram air hood

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 20:57:09 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Forehand" <brett4hand@hotmail.com>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 4:54 PM
Subject: Was:RE: DML: Roll pan Now: GenII ram air hood

> Hey Jeff,
> I've never seen anyone hook up the Keystone (Super Bee stle) hood for ram
> air. Repop stuff might work, (like from Year One or the Paddock)but is
sure
> is expensive!
>
> I've been jonesin' for the AAR (R/T Challenger style) for my Dak since I
> bought it. Mark Kuzia put on an AAR on his Dak when he repainted it, and
> had the rear opened up to grab some cowl air. The raised section on that
> particular hood is about 1 1/2 inches at the cowl. Now that TonyC has done
> some work fabbing up a cowl fed air box for his Dak, I plan on doing the
> same thing once I buy the AAR hood. Plus, having the front vents opened
up
> to let cool air in/hot air out of the engine bay can't be a bad thing
> either! I'd really like to paint the hood with the '70 Challenger R/T
black
> out, but damn it gets hot here in Florida!
>
> Keep us posted if you go with the Keystone errr... Proglass hood. I'd be
> interested to see how you hook it up.
>
> Later,
> Brett Forehand
> '94 Dakota CC Sport 5.2 Auto

Brett, Here is the link to the dak hoods page at the proglass website. The
pictures of the dak with the hood up are of a Gen III but the ram air hookup
was basically the same. I have been looking at the AAR hoods myself and that
also might be a route to go. The way Mark did his was a very good thing for
the heat down here in FL. I just have a thing for the side by side scoops on
the proglass hood though. Hmmmm, not sure which way but it'll be a while yet
before I do anything along those lines.

Jeff Durling