Squeaking probs... Help!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 15:42:59 EST

Hey gang,
I've had some squeaking probs prior to this. They tend to be intermittent.
Some times, no squeak. Other times, it squeaks all the time. It goes from
an annoying chirp to being so loud that everyone looks at you like you're an
idiot for driving such a noisy POS. The noise is coming from the pulley
areas at the front of the motor. I am running aluminum underdrive pulleys.

TonyC and I replaced the belt tensioner and idler pulley last week. The
noises stopped for about a week, and now.... theeeey're baaaaack. I have
bought a new belt, but we inspected the one that I already had and it
appeared to be in good condition. Has anyone else had this problem???? BTW,
this is a '94 Dak with 5.2 auto with air.

Thanks,
Brett Forehand