Durango R/T

From: Got MoPar ? aar.mopar.cc (maark@wrlc.org)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 10:16:19 EST

Brief intro:

I'm Mark Johnson (AKA MoparMaark), I was on this list a few years back
when I had a '92 Dak. I dropped off shortly after my son totaled it ;-(. Well
now I'm back, and I am looking into buying a Durango. The new ones are
a bit out of my range so I am looking for a used 2000-2002 R/T with around
20k miles. My question for the list is...is the Durango R/T all hype (my
friend had
a Dak R/T and loved it!) or is it worth the effort to locate one. Would I
be just
as well off with a well equipped 5.9 Durango? The dealer is playing up the
4.7, claiming it's down 10 HP but has more torque down low. The numbers
show the 5.9 having a lot more torque. What's the real world difference, seems
to me if the 4.7 was so hot, they'd use it in the R/T?

FYI, I need the Durango for a trip we are planning this August to Alaska, from
Pasadena Maryland and back! Any complaints about long distance traveling
in a Durango?

Thanks!

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland.
2001 PT Cruiser Deep Cranberry Pearl, Limited Edition, Xenon body kit,
On order: Borla stainless cat-back duals, Eibach lowering springs.
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto, 6-Pack, long term project.
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.mopar.cc (Thanks Chris!)