Get more HP from '92 Dakota 4x2 5.2L (318cu) ??

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 01:17:54 EST

Hey all.

I'm new to the group and I'm not sure if this is for OEM owners or for
performance enthusiasts.

I have just got a '92 Dak with the club cab and 318cu MPI Magnum engine. The
spec says about 230hp @ 4800rpm. Does any performance guru out there have
some ideas to throw at me to squeeze some more performance out of it. The
goal is to achieve about 260 HP. or + 30HP over stock.

So far I am condidering K&N Cold Air Induction, Hooker Headers, and JetChip to
modify the injector timing from the SBEC (or ECU)

I read somewhere the OEM headers on this model are already 2 1/8" . Can
anyone confirm? Would there be a need to go to Hooker Headers? I'm
specifically thinking of Super Comp. #5008HKR. (apparently Edelbrock doesnt
have the right ones for this engine according to the website )

Also, which is better: the Jet Chip or the MP powertrain control module
(PCM)?

-Dan Kramarsky

1992 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4x2
5.2L (318CID) V8
4-speed Auto Transmission w/OD
110,000 miles.

** Dodge owner since I started driving ;-) **

=====
Dan Kramarsky
RF Engineer
SpeedBand, Inc.
=- Wireless Internet Service Provider -=

phone: 909-551-7358
web: www.speedband.com