Re: Load Capacity

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 10:28:56 EST

Jim,
      The Dakota is only listed as a half ton truck. I've hauled close to
that in my regular cab truck and I was concerned about the spring
compression and the ride was really different. If you really want to haul
1700 pounds in the bed of a Dak, you need to think about seriously
upgrading the suspension, tires, etc. You can tow that much with no problem
as I've towed my 1800 pound boat with my V6, but carrying over 3/4 of a
ton in the bed is impossible stock.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE