Re: Re: Gas Prices

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 10:59:01 EST

If you can get 16 gallons-- you have a 22 gallon tank (22 gallon is optional on V6, and also optional on V8 trucks-- but rarely does a V8 have a 15 gallon tank). From my exerience-- the gas gauge is very inaccurate on the 6+ dakotas under my belt. The most recent is a friend's 2000 RT--- Fuel gauge reads E, and the overhead DTE= 0. Yet, the truck only consumes 16.5 gallons. The fuel light comes on before going 200 miles. The truck has a 22 gallon tank. My RT, I run it down to about 20 gallons on a weekly basis. When mine reads empty-- that's 20-21 gallons.

Sam
'00 RT