Re: Re: Load Capacity

From: Bill Day (billday@joink.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 15:51:33 EST

I would check your rear springs and shocks as well. I have a '95 CC v6 auto
4x4 with 3.55(half ton) and have hauled well upto a ton(10 square of
shingles at roughly 65lbs per bundle) in the bed with nominal sag. Ride
was not thouroughly affected as i put 6sq in on front skid and only 4 sq on
rear skid pas axle.

The intial load placement may well have something to do with it as well...
was the skid being set down at the rear of your truck and tailgate or to the
front of the bed?

We loaded my truck by hand(off a forklift over the side of my bed).

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  2:09pm up 50 days, 19:45, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://linux-sxs.org/