Re: Mig Welders?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 22:52:29 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:

> I dont know how many people out there have any weldindg experience, but I'm
> looking for a fairly cheap mig or arc welder to play with. I'm just
> starting out, wanting to try and learn to weld together some exhaust parts.
> Is there any brands I should stay away from, or any features i need for
> welding exhaust parts??
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Gary Hedlin

Ive been using a Lincoln weld pak 100 (110V)
w/ no probs for 6+ yrs.

the 110 V makes it easy to use anywhere as long
as you have a 20 amp service.

I normally weld stainless, alum. and steel.
if your going to weld stainless get "SS pulse"
gas as it works better than straight Argon in
sm. machines.

if you intend to do long job (2-3+ hrs.) welding
then put another pocket fan in the trnsformer side
and the % duty rating is increased.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.