Re: Re: Mig Welders?

From: Bill Day (billday@joink.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 09:33:35 EST

Just going to throw my 2 cents in here...

I have been welding with various welders for onto 10 years now... One thing
I have found is that they all "work" and that the output is more dependant
on the person using the welder and(especially with Mig) the mix of gas.

Oxy/Acet is no good outdoors for breezy times, otherwise ok(little bit
harder to weld pipe then with a Arc/Stick or Mig/Wire Feed). For Cutting
purposes, Oxy/acet is most awesome, unitl, you go for stainless.. Sure you
can do the chain cutter and saws for pipes, but what about sheets, square
stock etc.. Plasma cutter or a hackers band saw. Plasma cutters are
farely high picred and likely you wont be doing much stainless stock cutting
other than pipes so there is really no need to worry about that.

Using Arc/Stick or Mig/Wirefed to weld pipe, lower your Currnet/Amps down...
don't weld in a full Circle. Weld maybe a inch and skip a couple inches
and do it again.. just do that till its done and your pipe will not "blow
through" so easy.

HTH,

Bill Day

Linux 2.2.20-1tr i586
  8:10am up 52 days, 13:45, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
We're still up at irc.openprojects.net @ #linux-users
or irc.freenode.net @ #linux-users
http://counter.li.org #83358
http://linux-sxs.org/