Re: Flooring it. Was What the.....(hey John Neff)

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 09:10:47 EST

<snip> Aren't ya supposed to generate enough heat with the spinning tires
melt the ice and thus get back to the dry pavement?? Hmmmm...

Aaaaaahhhhh......... No!

After the big storm we had in our area last week, there was a news shot on
TV about some idiot here in Delaware that was trying to do that very thing.
What he suceeded in doing was getting his vwehicles picture on the news for
being a real dumba$$. He spun the tires so much they caught fire!!!! If I
can find the pic or a link to it online, I'll post it.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE