RE: Flooring it. Was What the...

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 17:03:29 EST

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of raymond.irons@gm.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:11 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Flooring it. Was What the.....(hey John Neff)

Aaaaaahhhhh......... No!

I've been hearing stories about setting the tires on fire for years. Finally
someone was able to get a picture. LOL

The best story about spinning wheels I have ever heard:

        Police officer walks up to a car sitting stationary in the driving
lane with the wheels spinning like crazy on the ice.
The driver has both hands on the wheel and seems oblivious to the situation.
Cop knocks on the window;
driver rolls down the window and looks at the cop with eyes as big as
saucers.
 "How fast are you running?" says the driver.
Cop gets a whiff of the driver's breath and realizes the driver doesn't know
he's standing still.
Driver is drunk, thinks he is doing 40 mph, and thinks he is half way home

The whole story may be apocryphal, I remember hearing it years ago. Makes
for a good winter tale.