RE: HELP ! I need opinions on this....

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 10:18:17 EST

<snip>
> I called my dealer to schedule this to be repaired, as I still have a
> warranty, and the response I got was this:
>
> " That might be caused by carbon buildup in the valves. If that's
> the case,
> it wouldn't be covered. It depends on how well you maintain &
> what kind of
> gas you are using. To fix that it's a few hundred. "
<snip>
 I obviously need to
> get the Dak
> fixed but I wanted some suggestions / opinions on this to see
> if my hunch
> is right. This way if they try to pull a fast one on me I can go to
> another dealer, etc.
> Thanks ! > Konnie

Konnie.... run, don't walk, to another dealer. Of course there's numerous
possibilities for your engine problem but I feel it's really inappropriate
for a dealership service writer to begin speculating on the cause without a
tech having diagnosed it with all the tools at their disposal. The fact
that his first response tends to put the blame on you and suggests that the
fix will come out of your pocket is more than enough to deter me from
visiting that dealership.

RayB