RE: V6 3.9 Mag in GenII..

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:36:21 EST

Uh, gee, Bill, no. On the V8 magnums they use 10 bolts vs. pre-mag 5 bolts
and the Mopar valve cover gasket is steel sandwiched between silicone
rubber. They are also re-usable. I've reused mine many times over the
past 10 years and haven't had a problem. My guesses on the cause of your
problem would be either severe over tightening of the VC bolts or a plugged
PCV valve causing abnormal crankcase pressures. That's if you're using
Mopar gaskets. If you're using another brand.....well, I would think that
might be the problem.

HTH,

RayB