Re: V6 To V8 Swap

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 06:08:54 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2003 11:05:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sawcut64@msn.com writes:

<<<I'm sure this has been gone over before, but with only a dial up
connection
and being a complete lazy ass, I can't talk myself into looking through the
archives, so.....what exactly is involved with a V6 to V8 swap in a 5-speed
92-95 Dak, aside from the obvious engine, trans., computer? How hard is it
to change the fuel rail? Can I just wire in two extra injector connections
to the V6 harness and how exactly is the best way to do that, or do I need a
V8 harness? What about motor mounts, trans. crossmember, cooling system,
front coil springs and any other swap issue I haven't mentioned? Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated, because at this point my only option to
starting another Dak project is starting with a V6 because V8 RC 5-speed's
are impossible to find here in Texas. Thanks gang!!!>>>

Sam, the downside to doing that is that the 92-95 V6 Dak's came with the
AX-15 tranny, which is even weaker than an NV3500. You can splice into the
V6 harness if you want to do it that way (I haven't done it but I have heard
of it being done that way). Everything else is fairly straightforward. In
terms of suspension, you don't have to swap springs but you might want to if
the truck is high mileage. I know a place where you can get a new pair of
stock height coil springs for $75.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD