Re: V6 To V8 Swap

From: Sam South (sawcut64@msn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 08:38:45 EST

Thanks Tom, I was told that the V6 harness was the same as the V8 except for
the two additional injector connections. I didn't want to buy a V8 harness
if I could simply add the two extra connections from a donor harness. I know
that I have to swap the fuel rail from a V8, but I was unsure about the best
way to do it. I know Holley makes a billet fuel rail that looks cool and a
new/stock piece is about $200.00, I just don't remember any easy way to
disconnect it. I already have a 360 being prepped for a 408 and have
previously swapped a 95' 318 Dak to a fairly built 360, and I'm fairly
experienced with a set of wrenches, so I'm confident doing this swap, I just
need some help with the fine points. I was just wondering if anyone had done
this swap and ran into anything problematic or unexpected that I should be
aware of. Thanks again.
Sam South