Re: RE: RE: RE: FIRST KILL Dodge SRT-4 versus Audi A4 T

From: Gregory POPOVICH (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:44:53 EST

> Bob, you must be of the old school. What is your age? It was the
> same when I had the sound system installed. "I wanted a band pass to
> fell the music vice hearing the music."

First off it's Greg. I turn 40 today. BTW it's feel not fell, use a
spell checker..

> Or maybe you just not keeping up with the latest and greatest. PVO
> said the car is good for 153MPH. The Motor Trend drove the car over
> 140MPH. Car-n-Driver did it and so did Sport Compact. They had the
> same comment - "...truly is a racing suspension..."

Oh I have been keeping up. It has the Sport suspension (SDE)which is
the same as the Neon R/T. I don't think you have the Competition (SDK)
because you would have Adjustable Koni's in each corner.

> However, this car at 120MPH is about safe or safer than the old
> Porsche you were driving back in the 80s. There is no comparison
> here at all.

I'd take my chances in the Porsche if I had a choice. You're right
there is no comparison. The Porsche was over $50k(now it is in the
neighborhood of $65-75k) vs. $20k for the SRT-4. You don't see the SRT-
4 running at the Daytona 24 hours, you do get to see lots of Porsche's,
Vette's and Vipers though. The Porsche is a proven race car, the SRT-4
is a kiddy toy in comparison.

> After driven a Viper, this suspension and braking for the car is
> made for speed. Maybe that is why it is ready for the SCCA racing
> with only adding the safety harness and helmet.

I agree the car is made for speed, but not on a public road. Hate to
break this to you, but even a Hugo is ready for SCCA racing, it just
may not be in the same class ranking as the Neon or the Viper.

> Bob, I think we are done with this conversation. Oh...Darwin
> award? In your case, I hoping that this award doesn't apply to you:
> IGNORANT AWARD.

Yes I do think this conversation is done. It is quite apparent that you
are one of those folks who have a very short term memory. Remember
about a year ago someone posted about rocketing around in his Dakota,
and he caught flak. If you brag about blasting around on a street at
120mph you are going to catch some shit. Mind you if a CHiP (or a local)
nailed you doing that speed that pretty little Neon is going to be in
an impound yard and you will be standing before the Man(er.. a Judge).
Given the climate between street racers and the police nowadays you
won't have a snowballs chance in hell of weaseling out. Right now you
may lead a charmed life, someday your luck will run out(and it will
happen). I just hope when it does some innocent person doesn't have to
pay for your actions. Think about it, do you want your kids visiting
you in jail because either you got caught or "something happened"? Or
worse yet attending your funeral? Think about it.

--
Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES