Re: V6 To V8 Swap

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:47:50 EST

Sam
  The v6 harness will work fine, the only real difference is the lack of the
two extra injectors. Look in your fsm and it will show yo what pins you
need to run the wires to in the main ecu connector. I was actually talking
to someone about this the other day. The other two wires coming from the
injectors go to a common splice with the other 6... I assume that goes on to
the asd relay circuit.

The coil springs you will want a v8 set

The radiator In my v6 was v6 v8 generic, but it is not the original
radiator, it never hurts to upgrade though.

The motor mounts are exactly the same for the v6 and v8. The ax-15 v6 tranny
will bolt up to the v8 but will probably not live very long behind a
decently built one. You will need to find a nv3500 and driveshaft to swap
in. Since the daks had a v8 option this is a very easy swap, all the parts
are out there and everything bolts right in..

Greg Conner
1996 RC

STOKSUX