RE: Re: RE: DML RE: RayB adds 2 mpg to my Dak!

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:32:42 EST

Tom, that plastic plate was a major restriction to the air intake so you
definitely did the right thing. I'm not sure if some screen would
significantly restrict air flow but a sure way to block bugs and water is by
making a shield out of plastic, Plexiglas, aluminum, whatever, and zip tying
it to the *back* side of your grill. Mine hides the opening enough that
there is no direct shot to the intake until I slide it over on the
horizontal grill bars. Actually, the plate being attached to the grill
moves it far enough away from the intake opening that performance is about
the same no matter where you position it. (forgot to slide mine over once
and ran just as good as when it's not hiding the inlet hole) :-)

Hope this description is clear enough. If necessary I could take some
pictures but I don't have anyplace to post them yet.

RayB