Flowmaster is IN

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 19:42:46 EST

I've been rather absent from the list for a while (University studies tend
to do that,) some interesting things happened to the exhaust system on my
Dak in the mean time. About 6 weeks ago, the tailpipe section rusted off
right at the muffler slipjoint. I was rather short on cash, so I just
decided to leave it. Then, about 2 weeks ago, the muffler died, so now
things were starting to get really ugly-sounding.

Well, today all of that is fixed. I have a Flowmaster 40 series muffler
(I'm young and dumb, so I like it a little louder,) and new 3" (galvanized,
don't bug me :-) tailpipe installed. All for a little less than $300
Canadian (~$200 USD). It sounds very sweet on my V6. I haven't really
noticed any performance improvements, but I wasn't expecting any
tire-smoking HP gains, just the nice sound. Interestingly enough, the
catalytic converter and everything back to the muffler (but not the
tailpipe,) was 3" from the factory. So I now have 3" flowmaster exhaust for
pretty cheap. :-)

I have the biggest $#!7-eating grin right now...