Vipertruck back on the list....although limping

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 19:36:27 EST

Hey guys,

I had to leave the list for awhile because I got deployed and I had to wait
until I settled into a place before I was able to check my emails on a
regular basis again.
       I'm currently stationed in Virginia....which leaves me curious about
this year's VMP meet. I don't care if only ten people show up, it would still
be nice to hook up with some other Dakota owners!
       I shot out to VMP yesterday to get some time slips before doing more
work to my truck. I picked up a Vortech S-trim and wanted to get a baseline
slip before I received it. Well anyway, my best time was a 14.933@91.54. Not
all that bad, except my crummy 2.2 60' times were getting to me. Most of the
fellas on dragtruk running over 91mph have 2.0 60', which would have put me
in the 14.7 range. There was no traction issues, and I had good launches, I
just couldn't get the times down.
       Here is my problem now. When I got ready to leave, I had no reverse
gear. Not sure how I did it, but I'm sure I trashed the rear band. I've been
having nothing but problems with this POS tranny since I installed it in Oct
2000, so I think it's about time to rebuild it.

Does anyone know any reputable transmission shops in the newport news area? I
need to get this thing fixed asap so I can get back to VMP and show up some
GM boys.

Nice to be back,
-Austin
Vipertruck