RE: '92 Dak V8 auto with weird electrical stuff

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 09:16:29 EST

> 2.) The fuel gauge gives erradic reading. i mean the needle dances
> all around. it wont sit still. it goes to F then E then F
again.
> all other gauges are fine.

Dan, I can answer this one as mine did the same thing. It's the fuel
gauge
sending unit. It attaches to the fuel pump assembly in the gas tank
with
three screws. You can buy it separately at the dealer. Install is
not
difficult if you can get some help lifting the bed and moving it back a
few
feet. FSM is handy but not essential.

RayB

----

Since mine has started this also is there any difference for the '96 model year. The gauge still stays somewhat within the range until it gets to between 3/4 and half then it works fine. I know it's only going to get worse.

Jeff Durling