RE: Drivers Side Brake Not Releasing..

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:17:00 EST

I forgot to mention in my previous post.....preventing your calipers from
sticking improves both your gas mileage and vehicle performance, not to
mention brake component life. The first time I had to do this I picked up
a tenth of a second and one mph in the quarter mile. :-) Since then I lube
them every year whether they need it not. ;-)

Damn, I'm getting old....forgot to mention you can also use anti-seize on
your rear brake backing plates where the shoe tabs contact it. Gives you
smoother and quieter brake operation. Also lube the self adjuster threads
and any other metal to metal contact points.

RayB