Re: Maryland R/T and EMMSIONS!?

From: Doug Myers, Jr. (doug.myers2@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 23:25:35 EST

Hi TJ,

        I swapped out my 318 for a 360 just before my new 'dak had to go
through its first emissions test. I used a stock '96 360 with MP R/T
heads, MP headers, 3" high-flow cat and muffler, Comp 20-604-8 cam, M-1
2-bbl intake, and a custom flash that ended up being WAY too rich.
Anyways, I passed emissions with flying colors. I was really worried
about that, too.

        It ran for about a year before #2 cylinder died (too rich mixture
washed out the rings), and ran a best of 14.3@98mph on street tires. Now
that warmer weather is just about here, its time to swap out the shortblock.

        I live in MD, too. If you pick your parts carefully, and build the
engine correctly, you should have no problems.

        BTW, would you be interested in a rebuildable 360 shortblock?

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota 360/5-speed/3.92SG
Best 1/4 mile - 14.3@98mph