Maryland R/T and EMMSIONS!?

From: TJ (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 01:40:22 EST

OK, I need some help from you guys... Im am planning on what to do with my
truck when my 318 dies. And you all know that we have to pass that damn
emmisions test, but with this need for speed, Ive got a delema.... the way I
see it, I have 3 options:
1-Get another 318 and replace all the necesary parts with forged ones to
carry a 150 shot of nitrous from NOS's NOSzle setup
2-Bore a 318 to a 323 and replace all those same parts (o-ring heads blah
blah) to gain a little displacement and power without worrying too much
about passing emmsions, using Mopar performance parts
3-Go with a 360, and do all of the above

With #1 I have no worries except for finding stock size forged pistons... #2
should be ok, but #3, the one that Id really like to do is the worry.
According to the emmisions guy, if I put in a 360, I will still have to pass
the 318 standards... SO THIS IS WHAT I NEED, all you guys with R/Ts and Rams
with 360s, I need your results from your test, your year, model, MODS, state
standard and your result in each catagory.... please, Im trying to make a
educated decision about this so I dont waste any money, thanks guys!!! Read
below for my trucks current setup.

TJ
dakota52318@toad.net
1992 Dodge Dakota 4X4