Re: Re: Stereo Wiring Diagram

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 01:06:45 EST

I figured it out. The infinity system has an external amp that needs to
be triggered by the head unit. Since the dak my head unit came out of
didn't have that amp, that wire wasn't connected. I soldered it up and
now it works.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

Jayson Woodruff wrote:

> Everything was working. I had an MP3 player in a truck where the
> cheaper factory unit was for the last 2years, worked fine. And I had
> another truck with the fancier cd/cassette head with the infinity
> speakers and all, which also worked fine yeasterday. I just swapped the
> head units. The fancy factory unit works fine in the one truck. But
> I'm getting no sound with the MP3 player in the newer truck. I'll take
> a better look at things when I get some daylight.
>
> Jay W
> 505/287 Dakota
>
> Eric Jerman wrote:
>

>> Were any of your speakers blown before you put in the aftermarket
>> radio? Reason being is that if a speaker is blown and it is grounding
>> out, it causes almost all aftermarket radios to shut off. I mean it
>> will still power up, but you will get no sound...or you have a factory
>> amplifier that you need to bypass...one of those two things I would
>> think...
>> Eric Jerman
>>

>>> From: "Bill Knight" <wknight40@comcast.net>
>>> To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>>> Subject: DML: Re: Stereo Wiring Diagram
>>> Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:17:44 -0500
>>>
>>> There should be two plugs on the back. One for the power and one for
>>> the
>>> speakers. When I replaced mine I plugged it in and everything