Re: RE: Don't tell me I totally screwed up

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 20:16:56 EST

hmmmmmm... I did figure out at least what I was doing wrong and what got
me confused.....

I was using the harmonic dampener to turn the engine, which I guess only
turns the engine backwards..... Turn it the other way, and the harmonic
dampener slips off the belt. So, I decided I'll just use the harmonic
dampener to turn the engine (backwards) - Not sure I have anything to get to
the crankshaft. I'll just align the engine to TDC on cylinder 1, and work
myself backwards through the firing order...... Although, now that I think
about is, would the harmonic dampener still in line with he engine (it's
definitely not with the distributor).... hmmm