Re: 92 dak 318 v-8 automatic 46rh w/aircond

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 23:38:11 EST

That is an excellent price for a new transmission. What they do is buy a
gutted case and install all new parts in it. It is not a rebuilt unit. If
you try to get one from your local dealer, you'll find out that they don't
have new ones anymore, they sell remanufactured ones! Part # 52118730 (new
46RH) has been replaced with part #R2117684 (remanufactured 46RH). The best
price I found for the reman. is $1300.00 and they are on back order for a
month! Any GOOD local transmission shop will charge anywhere from $1200 -
$1500 to rebuild yours, and they usually use your old planataries, drums and
most hard parts. Most of the time that is just fine, but for the same price,
why not get all new parts! You can get them rebuilt from places online for
real cheap ($1100 - $1300 after shipping) but you get what you pay for. They
would probably slap new clutches, steels, seals and gaskets in and thats it,
but sometimes thats all you need. So, in my opinion, a brand new 46RH for
$1395.00 is an awsome deal!
Sorry for the long post but I have been researching this for a while now.
I'm dealing w/ Wayne right now and so far, everything is going fine and he
knows his transmissions. I'm going with something a little more wild than a
stock tranny :)
James