RE: Bed extenders & Line-X

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 17:16:15 EST

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 12:03 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Bed extenders & Line-X

Andy, here's some suggestions.

<Install the extender, then have the Line-X shop mask over the mounting
plates?>
A good choice, then you know everything fits.

<Drill the holes and have the shop "plug" them for the job, then remove
the plugs and I install the plates?>
For this option, I would put screws or bolts in the holes and leave 1/2 inch
sticking out so that I wouldn't have to dig to find them.

<Do nothing, then drill through the Line-X?>
This option puts the mounting plates closer to each other by two thicknesses
of Line-X. Is there room for this or will you have to dig out the Line-X to
mount the plates?

<Also, am I correct in assuming that the extender comes out really easily
by lifting it to the midway point then pulling it out of the mounting
slots?>
Don't know, sorry.