Re: Sub-woofer ?

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 09:56:21 EST

Another option to consider would be investing in a capacitor to even out
the drain on your battery. In my last car, adding a Cap turned a weak
sounding sterio into a rocker! (because I was too lazy to tear it apart
ant wire it right)

>>> Blakdak2k@aol.com 03/18/03 08:27PM >>>

<<Might help if you tell us what type of music you like to listen to
(rock,
etc).. Do you want the quick-hard hitting thumping bass, or do you
want the
low (wide) rolling bass. I presume the thump bass because that's what
8's
are good for.>>

I listen to rock almost exlusively, and if I had to choose I would say
perfer the (wide) bass, but either one is fine, I wasn't planning on
getting
this stuff but I was at store close-out and it looked like some good
deals,
and remember seeing those under the seat boxes so I picked some stuff
up. I
just looked at the sub again and it is actually a 10 not a 8, like I
said it
was close-out and I wasn't to picky.
So bouncing the air off something is good? makes sense, which materials
are
best glass is good, what about lexan (plastic). What I am thinking is
open
sub with a lexan panel that folds up at an at around a 45 degree when
the
rear bench is lifted, giving the effect of a hatchbacks rear window.
Understand that I know almost nothing about car stereo.
Thanks for the help.
Aaron