RE: Warped PowerSlot Rotors

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 14:19:25 EST

>From what I've read else where, there are a couple of
reasons for warping.

The first being the wheels not being torqued down
properly, meaning to tight or not tightened in the
proper sequence.

The other is that the back brakes are to loose,
causing the front brakes to handle more than their
fair share of the braking. I adjust my rears manually
at every oil change and had the original pads, rotors,
shoes and drums when I traded my 1999 Dak in with 43k
on it.

In other words, don't trust the tire guy or the self
adjusters on the rear. Check the torque and adjustment
yourself.